July 21, 2008

Two Quick Reviews

I've been away and will be seeing and reviewing The Dark Knight this week but for now here are a couple lightning quick reviews of two movies I saw last week.


4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days - $9


4 Months is an incredible movie and may be the most emotionally intense film I've seen in years. The story follows a University student who is helping her roommate obtain an abortion in communist Romania during a time that this is illegal.

Regardless of what your opinion is on this divisive issue the images and story in 4 Months succeeds in bringing both sides to light without ever giving an opinion or even directly addressing either side of the issue.

This was a movie experience I will never forget, though I'm not sure I want to duplicate it. I put 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days on my 'Watch It' list and give it a value of $9.


Lars and the Real Girl - $6


Lars and the Real Girl was a surprisingly touching and funny movie. While it was never incredible it was often good and was well worth watching.

I put Lars on my 'Watch It' list and give it a value of $6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I'm hosting a film blog-a-thon on my site:

http://cinexcellence.com/2008/07/21/unseen-dvd-blog-a-thon/

If you could post a link to it on your site that would be awesome. And feel free to participate!